Durham Jazz Workshop Youth Ensembles
Big Band/Combo Audition and Info Sheet, 2017
Saturday August 26, Sunday August 27, 2017
- play Charlie Parker’s blues, “Au Privave” and improvise for several chorus’ on a blues (students can choose to not improvise)
- Sight read a brief musical excerpt that we provide
- Drummers will be asked to demonstrate familiarity with swing, latin, ¾ and ballad grooves
PDF’s of “Au Privave”
An audition signup page will be posted on the website in early August.
If you have a conflict with 8/26, 8/27, please contact us for an alternate time.
The DJW ensembles meet throughout the school year. The big bands meet on Sunday afternoons beginning September 10.
- Group 1 (advanced): 1-2:30pm
- Group 2 (beg/inter): 2:45-4:15pm
Visit our Youth Ensemble Calendar to see the Big Band rehearsal schedule: DJW Youth Ensemble Calendar.
Enrollment in an ensemble is for the entire school year. The tuition is $600. Payments can be paid in full (September), broken up into 2 x $300 payments at the beginning of each semester (Sept. and January) or with $100 monthly payments.
Checks made out to: Durham Jazz Workshop, 4608-L Industry Lane, Durham, 27713
Payments can also be made by credit card at the workshop or by PayPal using our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships are available for qualified students with financial need. Students must fill out our Scholarship Form.
Contact email@example.com or (919) 358-0753 with any questions or concerns.